$5 - $10/hour
Sep 19, 2023
SWOOC Games is one of the fastest-growing game companies in the US since 2015 doing seven figures in sales annually, being featured on the INC 5000 twice. We are seeking a dedicated and committed candidate that is looking for a long-term position with room to grow with our company.
For a candidate with the drive to learn and grow, this truly is an amazing opportunity. We are recruiting, training & building a team for long and successful careers with our company. Our ideal candidate is committed to growing together with us, and in turn, we will give you all the tools and support to succeed and grow in your career.
Our Core Values: We are looking for someone who holds the same values as our company.
Learn & Grow
Focus on the Future
Be Fueled by Innovation
For more information, visit us at
ABOUT THE ROLE
As part of the SWOOC Games Team, your mission is to write, revise, and maintain comprehensive documentation for SWOOC Games business processes and standard operating procedures in a detailed, concise & easily digestible manner.
• Planning, writing, and updating a variety of documents, including standard operating procedures, user manuals, guidelines, and more that contribute to operational efficiency.
• Working collaboratively with all departments to help develop documentation that guides users effectively.
• Conducts research and collaborates with the subject matter experts/document owners to gather information/feedback, and ensure accurate and up-to-date content.
• Managing the document control system by coordinating and following up with document owners to review their procedures, ensuring relevance and accuracy of the process, and initiating changes as required.
• Collaborating with Human Resources to initiate training of released documents as required.
• Identifying and reporting issues, and opportunities to the HR Manager for resolution, enhancing documentation that facilitates the use of systems, products, and processes within an organization.
• Managing all SWOOC documentation, best practices, and ensuring compliance.
The ideal candidate must have the following knowledge, skills, and work experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in English, Technical Writing, or equivalent experience.
• Technical writing skills are proven through a portfolio of examples from prior work experience.
• Proven experience as a Technical Writer / Documentation Specialist, preferably with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
• Key Competencies: Creativity/Innovation, Highly Organized, Strategic Thinking/Visioning, Detailed-oriented, Results-oriented, Proactive
• Excellent US English writing and grammatical skills.
• Highly skilled in taking a technical subject and communicating it in a light and easily digestible manner.
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment, working with multiple areas to drive solutions.
• Self-starter with the ability to quickly learn complex business processes.
• Strong analytical and research skills, and complex problem-solving.
• Strong training skills to effectively implement process improvements.
• Works well independently and as part of the HR Department.
• Google Workspace, MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• Internet & Tech Savvy
HOURS OF WORK PER WEEK
• 40 hours per week. Hours of work must be between 08:00 am to 01:00 pm EST, Monday-Friday.
• The remainder of the hours are on flexible time.
SALARY & BENEFITS
• Salary is $5 - $10/hour DOE
• 13th-Month Pay
• Paid Time Off
• 11 Paid Public Holidays
• Quarterly Bonus
• Annual Salary Increment
• Annual Christmas Bonus
• Referral Bonus Program
• Work/Life Balance
• Salary depends on experience. Paid biweekly via Wise.
If you feel you are a great fit for this position, please reply to this job post with your updated resume and sample technical writing portfolio of successful past projects. Applications without an updated resume and sample work will not be considered. All information you provide will remain strictly confidential.
SWOOC Games team is looking forward to meeting you!