What Can You Do to Increase your Chances of Getting Hired at OnlineJobs.PH?

shareasimage (2)

The recently concluded Davao Start Up Weekend which was sponsored by OnlineJobs.Ph proved to be a successful event in more ways than one. While employees and budding entrepreneurs converged to pitch their business ideas, it was also a great opportunity to meet like-minded individuals.

virtual assistant philippines

For Virtual Assistant Ronald Ramboanga, the event was doubly successful. Besides gaining knowledge and ideas on how to set up his own business, Ronald received a message that he has been hired by an employer at OnlineJobs.PH.  The offer was for a full time position as a Virtual Assistant.

Online Jobs.PH was designed for employers abroad who need skilled Filipino workers. They browse through thousands of resumes for workers whom they feel will be suited for the job. For workers, the site is free to use. Interested workers can work either full time or part time or on a per project basis by uploading their updated resume on the account they have created. OnlineJobs.PH advocates the work from home career, and most of the time, you can do your work at your preferred hours.

Is a Resume Enough?

virtual assistant hired while at the Davao Start Up Weekend

All Smiles. Ronald Ramboanga gets hired while at the Davao Start Up Weekend

Like office career applications, a simple resume is sometimes not enough. Ronald advises that as an applicant, you should be conscious with the contents and details of your profile which will be seen by possible employers. It can be as simple and concise as you want, but the important information should all be there. For as long as these details are specific and true, employers will immediately see if they will consider you to be hired and give you the job.

More importantly, your future employers should also be able to verify your identity as well as the other credentials that you have provided.

“When I updated my profile, I made sure that I can verify my identity as a real person by uploading a photo and an ID issued by the government. With regard to rating your skills, always consider honesty in your personal assessment. You must not rate yourself that high if you are not that skilled,” Ronald advised.

Although it took several months before a good offer came along, it was clearly worth the wait. He was hired for a full time post with a respectable starting salary. Ronald’s client was very impressed with his skills and experience that he was hired immediately.  He wants to share his enthusiasm to other OnlineJobs.PH job seekers by giving these tips.

Top 5 tips to increase a worker’s chances of getting hired:

a. Upload a professional primary photo and not a regular selfie.

b. Upload an identification card issued by the government to verify your identity.

c. Complete all personal details especially the skills summary.

d. Rate your skills with with honestly.

e. When you apply, always proofread your cover letter. As much as possible, do not use saved templates.

5 steps to get hired faster

Ronald’s is just one of thousands of success stories at OnlineJobs.PH. You or a friend or loved one can be the next. All you need is courage to take the first steps. Upload your resume and complete the necessary details. To increase your chances, you should also take the skills tests found online. These are not mandatory, but taking them would show potential employers that you are more than qualified for the position they are looking for.

If you’re applying as a content writer or editor, it is to be expected that your English writing and vocabulary skills are above average. For other fields of expertise, a basic understanding of the English language and average communication skills are also expected since the potential employers are foreigners.

For Ronald, he is finally happy to find a job where his skills and experience are useful and appreciated.

“Thank you very much OnlineJobs for serving as a medium for me to get a full time job opportunity. With the type of services you rendered to online workers, I am given the privilege to work anywhere I want as long as I am comfortable to accomplish my duties and responsibilities. Your platform is what Virtual Assistants like me is looking for. I’ve been hired because clients trusted my profile since these clients already trust OnlineJobs.PH,” Ronald concludes.

You too can start a work-at-home career at OnlineJobs.Ph. Just create a free jobseeker profile at www.onlinejobs.ph and you’ll have access to hundreds of new jobs everyday

Comments

1. Ivy Cuevas says

Hi there!

I can perfectly relate with Mr. Ronald Ramboanga. I happen to look for a job through OnlineJob.Ph third week of June 2014 and got hired Fulltime on July 29, 2014. Not quite a long journey of trying and competing to get hired. I created my profile and upload the necessary documents, profile picture and took several online tests to comply in most Company’s requirements such as DISC, IQ Test and Basic English Tests. Not to mention, the more tests you are taking which yielded good scores, the more competent you will become as a Jobseeker. The more chances you will get hired! There were several Employers whom I underwent series of interviews, but of course, it is the process of Job Hiring. There will be individuals who will advance to the next round of interview, and there will be eliminated along the process. It was mixed emotions while getting to the final interview, at the same time, it is boosting my confidence as I usually get kind words and appreciated as to how competent I am as a VA. Despite of the good scores and good results in the interviews, there are more individuals better than we thought we are. Don’t get frustrated, it’s just part of the process. Don’t lose hope! There are much more opportunities in OnlineJob.Ph where you are perfectly fitted to a certain Job. Just keep on searching and equip yourself with boosting confidence, work on your profile and be honest as possible during interviews, also, it is important that your hard work should be coupled with faith in God. It’s worth the wait! I landed to a very considerate and very kind Employer. In return, I am doing my best to be worthy of his trust and his gratefulness. In fact, we are looking forward towards a long term working relationship. So guys, what are you waiting for? Try the different opportunities OnlineJob.Ph is offering. Goodluck!

2. sherilyn says

may i asked how can i get job in here i just click and register ..i have my account already next step i dont know what to do hehe?please help me thank you.

• Julia Jasmine Sta Romana says

You can apply for any of the jobs posted here by signing up for an Onlinejobs.ph jobseeker account. It’s completely free and takes only minutes to apply. Having a jobseeker account also gives you access to thousands of new online jobs daily.

To register, follow this link =>http://www.onlinejobs.ph/register

Once you’ve completed your profile, you can start searching for the job that you want here ===>http://www.onlinejobs.ph/jobseekers/jobsearch/ The job posts contain all the information you need to apply for the position.

Hope this helps. Take care and good luck on your job hunt!

3. says

Hi,

How to tell if the job post is for real? so that we won’t waste our time in sending them applications specially those who have long questionnaire. I noticed some of them are just getting your contact details. I hope you can filter also these bogus employer who pretend to post jobs opportunity.

Best,
    Gio.

4. jenifer says

Got some questions here and hope someone would be kind to answer my queries as I am just new to this virtual jobs.

1. Where can I find those online tests like those DISC, IQ Test and Basic English Test?
    2. What is the meaning of ID Proof? One job advertisement stated “with an ID Proof of 25″

Your answer will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance. :)

Hi Jennifer!

You can find those tests here: http://www.onlinejobs.ph/testcontent

ID Proof is our system of verifying jobseeker identity. Basically, the higher your ID Proof score, the more sure we are that the jobseeker profile belongs to a real jobseeker and not a fake. You get an ID Proof score once you sign up for an Onlinejobs.ph jobseeker account.

• Rose Marie C. Rivera says

Hi, how would I be able to get my ID PROOF to 99? I’ve uploaded all the ID’s required, picture, FB connect, Skills, CV. pretty completed my profile but still my ID PROOF is low reason why I can’t apply to any job, I was already having doubts that this isn’t for real, but a few days back my friend told me that someone from Onlinejobs.ph messaged her and she was able to work and her profile have 99 ID proof and knowing that she only opened her account 3 times. I need help. thanks.

5. Paul says

As someone who has employed several VA’s over the past 2 years, I can tell you that the biggest factor next to skill is trust. fifty percent of the VA’s we employed proved to be unreliable by not showing up for work or having many reasons why the task was not completed in the agreed time allocated.

I’m happy to say that the other 50% were absolute treasures to work with, friendly, reliable and competant. Most of all, enthusiastic about doing the job. I will be looking for another VA this year to add to our company.

Thanks guys

• SUSAN TABANAO says

Good Day! I would like to find an online job but doesn’t know where to start. I am an Accounting major and an MBA major in Entrepreneurship. Hopefully, you can help me. I would be grateful.

Susan

• says

You can apply for any of the jobs posted here or on our website by signing up for an Onlinejobs.ph jobseeker account. It’s completely free and takes only minutes to apply. Having a jobseeker account also gives you access to thousands of new online jobs daily.

To start the registration process, just follow this link ===> http://www.onlinejobs.ph/register

You can find a wide variety of full-time, part-time and project-based jobs there, from data entry, design, writing, programming, and more!

The job posts would contain all the information you need to apply for that position.

6. Kim says

Hi guys,
    I am new on onlinejobs, a week ago. I just want to ask if I had to upload my real resume documents for any referrences of the employer? I realy wanted to get a job on this site. I already applied some of posted hiring. And that is base on my working experience. Im just wondering if I still need to upload my resume, just like the normal application.

Any suggestion from you guys is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

7. neresa says

Good day everyone I already have an account I already take the test, put my id government complete, but why I don’t have Id proof It’s zero.What should I do?

8. Tin says

Hello,

I created my profile a few days ago and started applying for jobs. Now, I don’t have enough ID proof anymore to apply for more. Are there ways to increase my ID proof?

Thanks in advance.

9. aspinaut says

Hi there. I think I have done something wrong. I haven’t been reading stuff here before applying for a job so I was able to send a couple of application minus a sufficient covering letter which I belatedly realized. That was not proper, right?
    Anyways, I hope I can make amends with the next ones with whom I’ll be forwarding my application. It’s a lesson learned for sure.

10. Ysabelle says

Hi,

I would like to ask how can I find the permalink of my profile from onlinejobs.ph? Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Ysabelle

• Noel says

Hi ma’am Julia,
        I have the same problem with Mae. I was currently hired by a client on a part time basis. However, another job opportunity I applied to would also like to hire me part time. Do I have to ask permission from my current employer about that?

11. patrick says

hi
    how can i increase my id Proof i already taken test. I search other jobseeker. They have higher 50+ ID Proof without taken the test. Can you help increas my ID Proof

Thanks,

• says

ID Proof is about providing lots of information to help determine your identity. If you only provide a small amount of honest information, then you’ll have a low ID trust score.

Make sure that you have everything filled out…..facebook url, government id, picture, skill descriptions, etc. The more information that you provide, the easier it is for an employer to determine that you are who you say you are. Your ID proof score will be higher too.

After updating your profile, the ID Proof score does not get updated right away, but will be automatically rechecked by the site in a day or so.

• Mel Samson says

Pleasant day!
        I just registered yesterday.. when I went back to my account it was showing my ID Proof is 39. I also decided to link my Facebook account, then my ID Proof updated to 33. Is this good? Actually I wanted to apply for a job posting but it was saying my ID proof is lower than required by the employer, it was posted ID proof 50. Highly appreciate if you can help me out.

12. Malou says

Hi!

I’m on the way of searching a job in Online Job.ph, How do I submit my application with an ID proof? Thanks.

13. Bree says

Hello,

Is it okay to use a pseudonym or are we required to enter our full name in the personal info?

Hi Bree!

It’s much better if you use your real name in the personal info. The online jobs offered here are real jobs, with real salaries. So if you use a pseudonym, your salary might go to someone else.

14. Angelina G says

Hi,

My id proof was 54 and I want to apply for a job post which requires 55 id proof, then I connected my facebook account, but after that , instead of incresing my id proof became much lower like 48. Why does that happened?

Pls tell me what are possible soution to increase it now….Thanks

Yours,
    Angelina G

15. Maritess says

Maam gusto ko sanang mag apply, but wala po akong experience like sa BPO agent , do i qualified po.. Interesado po kasi ako .

• says

You can find a wide variety of jobs there, from data entry, design, writing, programming, and more!

16. arlene says

Hi,

I already have an account here in onlinejobs.ph a month ago. My ID proof is high at 99 and done some online exams.I currently employed in the corporate world as vehicle finance coordinator and wanted to earn some extra income by working home base after my office hours until I can make it full time. But my problem is I don’t really know what exactly job position should I consider applying except data entry. Any tips from you guys!

Thank you very much and God bless everyone…

Arlene

17. Emy Arriola says

Mam gud ev. I am asking for help to edit my profile its not yet complete. I would like to add more information. Thank you.

18. Judith Segunda del Rosario Roa says

Thank you for having this kind of opportunity here. I wonder if you have age requirements at all,

I have also some doubts about giving a government issued ID. One person I have read in the news gave his ID, and in the process, someone got money from GSIS by using his ID.

I will have to register very soon.

Thank you so much!

Hi Judith,

We are aware of that incident. Which is why we now blur out gov’t ID that are now uploaded in our database.

We don’t have age requirements but we generally recommend that workers to be 18 and older.

19. JARDINE MENDOZA says

I used to get my profile link very easy to send to clients but now I couldn’t find it. Where would I see my profile link to send it to a client pls? thanks

20. Darrie Olvido says

Hi,

How do i increase my id proof? I have taken the test, DISC, IQ and Grammar… I have uploaded my govt id as well

21. lucia ledres says

It is so sad, my first interview in home-based job is unsucessful! I was not passed the interview because of my english is very poor. Please help me to find job which fit my qualification. I need home-based job.

22. Florence Asis says

hi, is it possible po ba na i can be hire by an employer kahit n ang experienced ko po ay last 16 years n i really wanted to have job how po kaya? I am an BSECE graduate.

23. Celeste says

Hi,

I need help, I tried connecting my facebook profile to my account here and my ID proof scores went down from 60 to 47. The reason I’m seeing here is I used my facebook account for work rather than the personal one. Is there any way to undo or improve my ID score. I will also upload govt. IDs once I updated my surname. Thanks in advance.

24. Brenda says

Hi,
    I am new to this site,just want to ask if the message box that we found when we click apply,i thinks its a box after the subject,,is same as a cover letter? Or can you pls provide us a sample for this particular part?

Thanks

Goodluck to me :)

25. Sunshine Louise E. Estrada says

Hi! May I ask how can I put my resume in word 2016 or pdf formats on my skill summary field? do your field support html or css codes in order to show my documents as images here?

Hi Sunshine,

Unfortunately, you can’t attach any documents in your skill summary field. What you can do is upload your resume or portfolio to Google Drive or Dropbox and leave a link that allows employers to view your resume.

26. CJ says

Hi, I noticed that my ID proof score decreased from 97 to 87. I just uploaded my gov’t id. What could be the reason for that?

• says

We regularly do manual verification for IDProof to ensure that the information shared is accurate. When there’s a major change in the profile, we lower to IDProof score temporarily so we can put it in our queue for verification. But don’t worry. Once your profile is verified (24-36 hours), we will adjust the ID Proof score accordingly.

27. abegail ramos says

Hi. I just want to ask if what government ID can I put? I’m still studying college so I don’t think I have any Id to show except my school ID. I will be waiting for your response. Thank you.

• says

Instead of a government ID, you can also submit an NBI clearance. But even as a student, you can actually start the process of getting a government ID (SSS, driver’s license, passport). Having these government IDs will be really helpful when you start applying for a job.

28. Yangtze says

Hi. I just wanna ask, are the mode of payment always in Paypal? I don’t still have a credit card as of now and I don’t know how will it be.

29. Judith says

What if you are already hired as full time by one employer, is it possible to apply again a full time by another employer?

30. Liz Piluden says

Hello! I already took the IQ Test but unfortunately I wasn’t able to get my score and I wasn’t able to do a screenshot of the result. When I was trying to return to the page, I couldn’t go back anymore to see the result. How do I get my IQ Test results since retaking the test is not allowed? When we want to apply for a job and we click the job posting link, we will go to the Contact Employer page. I just want to ask what we should put in the message box? Is there a required template to use or just freely introduce yourself and that your interested to apply for the job? I am hoping for your soonest reply. Thank you!

31. Rizalyn Quitor says

Hi, paano ko po mapapalitan yung account ko na employer from employee mali po yung paglagay ko ng application eh. Sana po matulungan nyo ko. Thanks!

32. Rona Romero says

hi
    how can i update my profile? my id proof is too low, and i’m afraid that i may have skip some info when i initially set my profile? if not can i recreate another profile? hope for your imediate feedback , thanks

33. eda nina aguilar says

Hi! I just created an employee account a few minutes ago. But I’m still in the process of completing my personal information as well as my skills forn. I do hope you could help me with my dilemma. Do you think I can still be hired, even though I was terminated? I was a Customer Service Associate in a BPO Company for almost 5 years and was terminated because of AWOL. Your advice and assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and God Bless.

34. bienvenido a. swinton says

hi why cant i view the contact details of the graphic designer i want to hire?
    How can i post job because im looking for a graphic designer?

thanks

35. Micah Silvio says

Hi

I’ve been in onlinejobs for a month now. I even had a probationary job because of onlinejobs but my i.d. proof is still lower than 50 how can i increase it?

Thanks!

36. Maria Edita Lopez says

Hi, I tried already to apply to different job openings but as of now still no replies yet even to the simplest job I applied but no updates why is it happen, is it because my ID Proof is 40? Does it mean I am not qualified?
    Thanks again.

37. Maria Edita Lopez says

Hello, another question where can I view my ID Proof score in My Account Profile just to be updated from time to time of my score.

Many Thanks.

• Anne says

hi! I have the same problem. I have already uploaded everything including a govt id (passport) but in my passport I was still using my maiden name. my id proof is 63 I want to apply for a job with an id proof of 70. pls help me how to increase my i proof. it has been 63 for how many weeks now.

38. Mark David Lacuna says

how many days my ID proof will update? i answered my IQ test, english test and DISC almost 4 days ago but until now my ID proof is still the same.

39. Karla says

I have the same concerns. I linked my Facebook page and got an ID Proof score of 60. And then I took the tests, added my scores and screenshot, and also added a government issued ID, but still my ID Proof score stayed at 60. Kindly look into this matter so we can maximize the use of the site. Thank you.

40. Anne says